Tuesday, February 16, 2010

California Trip 2009 - Day 1


Thursday July 23, 3009

John, Jared and I packed up our little 1999 Ford Contour and headed out at 3 PM from Rexburg, Idaho with the hopes of making it into Nevada that night. John had finals that day, which is why we couldn't have left earlier in the day. Jared was keen on sleeping as much of the drive as he could, since he HATES driving. John drove the entire trip today, while I sat in the back seat distributing snacks and drinks. This is what most of the trip looked like for me:


We made it all the way to Wells, Nevada today and pulled into a Motel 6 to sleep for the night. We only had to pay $49.99 for all 3 of us, but as I was reading the sign out front that read INDOOR POOL and getting really excited, I realized that I forgot to pack John and my swimsuits! I made lists, packed days in advance, I was sure that I didn't forget anything. I was so upset that I forgot them since it was HOT that day and into the night. To make matters worse, the motel room didn't have air conditioning. Luckily, I had packed a little fan that we put in the window and Jared had blowing on him during the night so he could actually get some sleep. I sent the boys out to get some dinner, there was a Burger King right down the street, so John got his favorite "Angry Whopper". I took a cold shower to cool off and we watched Shanghai Knights on the television in the room and went to bed. You can tell by this picture that the boys weren't too comfortable, but we made it work.


For our first day into the trip, I think we had a successful day. We drove a bit further than I expected to, the air conditioning in the car worked marvelously, and the motel didn't cost too much (and had cable!). I can't wait to get to California and see my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment