Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Bake with Stuffing

Chicken Bake with Stuffing

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken, cooked and cubed
1-2 cups veggies
1 1/2 -2 cups chicken gravy
2 cups chicken stuffing
2 Tbs. butter, melted


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 2 quart baking dish, layer chicken, then veggies. Pour gravy over veggies and chicken. Top with prepared stuffing (combine the water, butter and stuffing and fluff with a fork). Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and hot through. Serves 3-4.


What I did: I used some left over chicken from the fridge, took 2 cups of mixed veggies from the large bag in my freezer and used an entire pouch of prepared stuffing from a box to put on top. I also used just one can of chicken gravy that I had leftover from Thanksgiving.


Verdict: We LOVED this recipe, it was like Thanksgiving in a casserole! There weren't any leftovers to eat for lunch the next day, and I know I'll be making this time and time again using up those items bought around the holidays that I stocked up on while they were on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment