Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wilton Cake Decorating


For the month of May 2011, each Tuesday I went to a cake decorating class: 


Wilton's Gumpaste and Fondant Course. 

It was super fun, and I went with my friend Emily Robison. We learned how to manipulate and handle fondant and gumpaste, make several different kinds of flowers and for our final class, we each made our very own cake covered in fondant! I was very excited and really enjoyed going to class each week. It's a skill that I know I'll use a lot in the future, since I LOVE the look of fondant and I wasn't so great at all of the buttercream flowers and such. Here are some pictures of my work.


These are the flowers we learned to make, a lily, carnation, daisy, rose and mum. My favorites were the lillies and the daisies. 

 

This was my final cake, which ended up being John's birthday cake since his birthday is this month, it was just a few weeks late!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm in love! I need to take a class like that. How much was it? You are totally talented!

    ReplyDelete